Monday, October 4, 2010

Running

So, with the help of others I was going to compete in the Salt Lake City half marathon over labor day weekend. Scheduling didn't work out and I wasn't able to do it. (whitney did run and did a great job! an amazing time for a first time half marathon runner!) I decided that since I had been training I might as well find one to run closer to home. There happened to be one in Fruitland, Run For The Hills, so Saturday, I ran. After 12 weeks of training I figured I was ready to go. I was nervous the night before but when the race came I was excited and ready to run. I didn't run with anyone, but I did know others that were running (they were just a lot faster than me). So, I had my music and I ran, 2:38 was my time. I was not too happy with my time. My goal was 2:20 and then when I drove the course and saw the hills I decided that 2:30 would be more realistic. It was my first time ever doing it so I should be glad I didn't stop running and that I finished. I plan on doing another one in the spring to hopefully get a better time. I forgot to send the camera with Lee so I don't have any pictures. I was excited to see the girls at the finish line cheering me on. It was a great experience.

1 comment:

  1. You go Anna! I am proud of you for doing that-awesome job! And, your flooring looks great-what a talented woman you are! Glad to know you. (:

    ReplyDelete