Monday, October 4, 2010

New Floors

Over labor day weekend we noticed that the linoleum in the kitchen was bubbling. After some diligent seeking we found a water leak under the sink. It ended up being wet 5 feet out from the sink. We pulled up the floor and got fans going to dry everything out. We were having a hard time deciding what to do with the floor. We knew we didn't want linoleum again, we have wood in the front room so we didn't want to try to match it since it is 60 years old and we have tile in the back entryway that we put in a few years ago. We knew matching that wouldn't be possible either. We finally decided on tile and that we would install in ourselves. So, last week I tiled the kitchen. It looks really good. Mary Woodruff came over and got me started. She is also the one who convinced me to do it myself. I was positive that we would have to pay someone to do it. I did have some help from Lee, but he was busy with school and football so most of it was done by myself. Now this week I have to tear up the other half of the kitchen and start all over again. I knew I needed to split the job in two sections or it would be too hard to eat and just deal with everyday living. I wasn't thinking and didn't take any before pictures of the old linoleum and it isn't all the way done, but I really wanted to share the new floor with everyone.



This is the old floor. The part I will be tearing out this week.



Then just a few pictures of our new kitchen floor. It was actually enjoyable to do and I am excited to get the other side done as well.





2 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a really good job, and I think you will really like having tile. It is easy to clean and it looks nice for a very long time. Good luck with the rest of your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I love the color too. Way to go handy anna:)

    ReplyDelete