Branson had his first birthday. I cannot believe how quickly time goes by. He has been with us for 5 months now. I decide to make him a monkey cake. I found the idea online but they used cocoa crispies to make the furry part, which sounded disgusting. I am glad that German Chocolate is the family favorite, because the coconut pecan frosting worked perfect. I made him a cupcake with plain frosting so it would be easier to eat. We gave him the cupcake and he wasn't too into it. He did want to grab the candle when we lit it though. I took his shirt off because I thought he would make a mess, but he didn't. He just took little bites and didn't care for the frosting at all. We let Avi blow the candle out for him. She was happy to be the helper. He is crawling all over the place. He goes up and down the few stairs into the dining room and loves to throw things. He loves his big sisters a lot. They make him laugh and it is so cute. He is such a blessing in our lives and we are so thankful to have him as part of our family.
8 years ago

Cute cake! I'm impressed with your skills. I am still getting used to the whole boys throwing everything. If we have a ball, we are happy! Can't wait for these boys to play together!
ReplyDelete