Wednesday, April 15, 2009

EASTER



We had a great easter weekend. First thing Saturday we went to the city park a few blocks away for the easter egg hunt. The girls were all in different areas of the park so I didn't get very many pictures. I decided to stay with Avi since it was her first hunt. They counted down, 5-4-3-2-1- GO! Well, Avi was lucky and got 1 yes 1 egg. The age group was 0-3, but for some reason there were teenage kids out with grocery bags getting eggs for their younger brother or sister. Unfortunately because of that Avi didn't have much of an experience. Maybe next year. She probably will never know the difference. When it was all over I wanted to get a picture of the girls, Avi wanted to slide so it was all over. No happy picture by the tree, No picture with the easter bunny. Again, Maybe next year!





It was Saturday evening and Hailey decided she wanted to write the Easter Bunny a letter.(I guess the easter bunny is catching up to Santa)

"Dear Easter Bunny, Malerie would like a princess jump rope, Avi would like something to color and I would just like anything. Love, Hailey"

When Lee was tucking her in bed she said, "Dad, you know how I wrote to the easter bunny that I would like anything, well, I would really like The Tale of Despereaux." Lucky for us the easter bunny knew exactly what each of them wanted because when they saw their easter baskets they found what they were looking for. Lee was pretty surprised himself. They also got kites and bubbles. They love the bubble wands and it was really windy outside so they worked really well.

Malerie has been jumping rope with anything she could find for example: my sewing tape measure, a scarf, a cord. She would try to get anything to work like a jump rope. She was pretty successful at it too. Now she has a real one!

I hadn't seen the movie "The tale of Despereaux" so we sat down and watched it on Sunday afternoon. It is a pretty good show. The girls also got a little easter package from Grandma McNabb. They each got a pair of gardening gloves and a pair of socks. Avi called her socks tights, which is pretty fitting since they went all the way up her legs. I think they each have a pair of socks for every holiday thanks to Grandma McNabb.






Here are some pictures of the girls enjoying Easter Sunday





1 comment:

  1. I took some time last week and read through your entire blog to catch up. I feel like I've missed so much since we are so far away. Your family is beautiful and I can see that you are all very hapy. That is quite an accomplishment! Keep up the good work! =)

    ReplyDelete