Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dancing Queens

Last night our ward had a family dance with a Hawaiian theme. It was really fun. They had the gym decorated and tables on the stage for drinks and snacks. They even had a place to get pictures taken. We had a family picture but it wasn't with our camera so I will have to add that to the post later. All three of the girls went right to dancing. They were not shy at all. Some of the younger kids played and had a good time, but Hailey and her friend Deardon really wanted to learn the dance moves. Malerie and Lydia danced (and ran around) a lot and Avi actually has some pretty good moves. We know they come from her dad! They had a couple come and teach us some country dance moves. We had fun learning and then trying to execute. We have had many opportunities to dance as a family, at concerts, weddings and parties, so the girls knew what to expect and had a great time. The only thing that would have made it better is if it wasn't on a school night so we could have stayed longer. Lee is determined to have a huge dance with a live band this summer. I guess we will wait and see! I didn't get the best pictures, but here is what I did get.

1 comment: