
We got a phone call from a friend Lee had played football with at ISU this week. We haven't seen him in a few years and when we did see him it was just briefly at a homecoming football game at ISU. He called when Lee had already left for work so I talked to him for a while. He told me that he was going to be going to the temple and he would really like us to be there if we could. He said that Lee had been a great example and inspiration to him while they were is school. He was pretty emotional on the phone while I was talking to him, I got a little teary myself. It has been a lot of years since they have spent time together. It is pretty touching to find out how much of an example you were and you didn't even know it. We were able to go the Twin Falls Temple. It was beautiful. I know every temple is, but it is just amazing to see. It was our first time being there.
We headed over to Twin Falls early enough that we could make a few stops. I wanted to take the girls to see Shoshone Falls. I figured if we were over there we might as well do something fun. We got there and it was freezing cold. We had left Avi's coat at my aunts house and Malerie left home without one. We weren't prepared for the weather at all. It was really windy, it reminded me of the days of living in Pocatello where the wind never stops blowing. We didn't stay too long. Just long enough to see the falls and take a couple pictures. The girls stayed at my Aunt Marsha's house while we were at the temple. Thank goodness she is there and lives really close to the temple. It would have been a much harder trip if we had to leave the girls in Nyssa with someone.
Even though it was a really quick trip, we had a great time.

No comments:
Post a Comment