We drove to Enterprise on Friday to stay with Matt and Carol. It was really nice. We hadn't seen them since last Christmas and then we got to spend two weekends in a row with them. Lee had a Land Owner Permit deer tag for their property, so we headed up to hopefully shoot a deer. The hunt wasn't successful but we had a great time. Lee was able to hang out with Matt and try to shoot a muzzle loader. Good thing we weren't depending on the deer to fill the freezer this winter! The girls always love to spend time with Uncle Matt. He loves them and they know it. They will not leave him alone for a minuet when he is around. The girls and I spent time at the house with Carol while the boys were hunting. On Saturday night we took a walk downtown. It was the Enterprise winter celebration. They had free cookies and hot chocolate. They also had chili but we already had dinner in the oven so we just ate cookies. We walked around and looked at some of the shops. Enterprise is filled with antiques shops and second hand stores. We were just trying to pass time by while we waited for the night light parade to start. They had burn barrels all down main street so you could stand by them and get warm. I thought that was pretty fun. The parade had about 16 entries. The best part was that there were
TWO santa's in the parade. I told Carol, "Only in Enterprise do they have two santa's in the same parade". I was givig her a hard time about living in a small town, Nyssa is small as well so I couldn't be too hard on her. The girls were a little confused. Hailey remembered from Christmas last year when santa came to visit at Grandma and Grandpa McNabb's house, that Santa has helpers. So, she knew one of them was just a helper. Malerie was the one to figure out which was the
REAL Santa. It was the fat one!!!! Way to go Mal.

This is the
REAL santa.

The girls and I by the big lighted tree.

The girls with Aunt Carol
No comments:
Post a Comment