Sunday, July 3, 2011

Snorkeling


This has taken a lot longer to get back to updating than I thought it was going to. I will continue on with some of our adventures. We were lucky enough to go snorkeling a few times in different places. Todd has an underwater camera so we were able to get some really fun photos. Lee has no problem at all in the water with his snorkel gear on but it always takes me a few minuets to get my breathing down and then I am fine. The picture at the top is from our first day. Lee really wanted to spear a fish so he had the spear and was ready to go. There were lots of fish, but none even close to him when he had the spear. They are smart. If he didn't have the spear the fish would let him get a lot closer to them. I did have one small problem on our first snorkeling trip. It was our second day in Hawaii and we were headed out to the water to get our fins on. I hit my small toe on a lava rock really hard!!!! It hurt so bad. I didn't know how bad it really hurt until after I got out of the water from snorkeling and it was really hurting by then when I got up to the beach by all of our stuff I could see that it was already starting to bruise and was swollen. I knew for sure it was broken. ( Lee thought so too) It was definitely hurt badly but it healed in a couple of weeks so I don't know if it was really broken. It got really bruised and it was so hard walking in the sand. I didn't let it stop me though. I powered through the pain and enjoyed the trip with a really messed up toe.



Here we are getting ready to head into the water at "Snorkel Beach". I don't know if that is what it's really called, but that is what the locals call it. It was amazing there. I know why there were so many people. There were sea turtles and colorful fish everywhere. I don't remember the names of all the fish so Lee with have to help me with that part later. It was beautiful, clear, warm water. Here is a little of what we saw:






1 comment: